"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Notice to attend Court



Damn damn damn!!! Received a notice to attend court today, for failing to pay for my speeding ticket. I actually paid for my dad's traffic fine and forgotten all about mine! Although I can still settle this by paying, according to the letter, this notice serves as a court conviction! Meaning, if I get into the same situation again, I will have no choice but to attend court. Damn!

How on earth did this slip my mind, I don't know. Must have been all the pain killers, yes. Now I'm gonna find out tomorrow how much I have to pay.

Actually, I was lucky. Having been on the road for more than 10years, this is my very first traffic offense. I was doing about 100kph on a 70 road, leading the pack from a red light turned green. I stopped at the next set of lights that's when this TP pulled up alongside and told me to stop by the side. I tried to explain that its not speeding but acceleration, he just pointed to his 2nd speedo, which recorded my speed as 96kph. Well, what can I say? That's 6 demerit plus a $120 bonus for the gahment. And why was I lucky? Had the clocked speed been 4kph higher, it would be a higher grade offence, and I'll probably be in deeper shit than this. A lesson learned, indeed.

*Sigh*


No comments: