"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Serenity....now...

By God's grace, still half asleep, I lay my bleary eyes on these simple and mesmerizing words.

Reminds me of when I was a kid in school, and in the middle of the class, Mr.Fernando will just stop and say "Have you ever taken a minute of your day, and just look at the wonders of nature, the sky, the clouds, the trees.... listen to the rustling leaves swaying to the gentle breeze, whispering to you....". And the whole class will just stare out of the windows in complete silence, listening.

Till this day, I'm ever grateful to what Mr.Fernando has given to me, a very special gift. This quiet 60 seconds will probably be the most well spent time of your 86400 seconds in 24 hours, try it.

Sometimes, it is in the largest crowd when you feel left out, among them, but not of them. Often, it is in solitude and silence when we are least alone, when we allow nature to embrace us, and God to walk alongside us.

No comments: