"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Crazy Horse

runrun moreamused
After walking around North Point and then SAFRA this afternoon, we decided to head over to Jurong East to check out the Creative Fair to see if there are any good deals.

Upon reaching JE MRT, the queue waiting for the shuttle bus was so long. Siti suggested we walk. I didn't think it was a good idea at first cos I'm not too sure if the track under the MRT track is the right way to lead us there, but since there's a nice breeze blowing, why not?

Turns out that the rather deserted track is the right way, and we were enjoying our walk very much. Too much. Like a free-spirited wild horse seeing open fields, Siti was singing out loud the Judas Priest song playing on her portable MD and was running here and there like crazy, oblivious to the occasional passer-by. Well, I'm not surprised, but it made me laugh anyway.

The Creative Fair did have some very good deals, and I almost threw $400 to buy some speakers and stuff. But after doing some mental calculations and giving my impulses some time to subside, I decided that those things were what I want, but not what I need. So we left the place and went over to IMM for food and some shopping instead.

Found this tiny food outlet in a little corner called Red Ginger. Place is a little cramped but the food was good. I'll be back some time to sample the rest of their stuff.

Then we went to Daiso, the $2 supermart, to get what we need. Spent only $14 for some household items. That's a savings of $386.

Well, tomorrow is back to work for me. After such a long break, I kinda missed the action! Enough of bumming around!

No comments: