"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Spot On! But, Oh NO...

Now now now, wadideyetellya? I predicted that MU will beat LFC 2-1, and I got it spot on! If I was a punter, I could've won myself some spare pocket $$$. I'm not much of a gambler, I only buy the occasional TOTO when my boss pisses me off at work, know wadeye meen? But I really need the cash now, having only received 600 bucks or so for last month's misadventures. In short, SAF is not paying me because of my ICT deferment no thanks to my MC due to my sore toe, my employer is not paying me cos they expected SAF to re-imburse me for the days I'm supposed to be in green uniform protecting Changi Airport or Jurong Island from terrorists during the 911 period. As a result, neither side paid me. So I guess I'll have to eat grass for the next 30 days. 600 bucks is not even enuff to pay for half of my insurances. Mmmm... maybe I should go dig out that old guitar and do some busking in some Orchard Road underpass.

Now back to football. When I saw Gerrard limping off before half-time, I almost wanna turn off the TV and go back to sleep. I gotta work 8 to 8 in a few hours time! But then, what better chance to see how the new Liverpool, with Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia, and Cisse/Baros, respond in times of adversity than now? So I kept my eyes peeled and sat through the match. As the 2nd half goes on, I find myself moving closer and closer to the TV set. No kidding, Liverpool is actually putting together some good attacking moves. Although not as fluid as a team yet, this new Liverpool certainly looks more exciting and dangerous in attack. Xabi Alonso shows that he can pass it just as well and is not afraid to "get stuck-in" either. He'll have many more chances to strut his stuff, now that Gerrard is inflicted with a foot injury which could rule him out for up to 2 months! I hate the word Metatarsal.

Touching on injuries, I hope my sore big toe will be able to hold up when I go for the Sheare's Bridge Run this coming Sunday. As it is, I still can't bend my toe, an injury which is already a month old, but since I'm only doing the 12km instead of the full or half-marathon, it should hold. I already missed the Terry Fox Run 3 days ago, one which my Crazy Horse took part in. So there's no way I'm gonna miss this one. And I have the S'pore-Johor 2nd Link Bridge Run to tackle in 2 weeks time, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Actually I intended to laze my days off away at the beach or something. But judging from the weather for the past few days, I don't think its such a good idea anymore. Actually, I really do love the rain. Back when I was 12 years old, Senthil, my Indian classmate, will call me up whenever it started to rain heavy, and we would cycle all over the neighbourhood and play in the rain like crazy kampung dogs, rolling on the ground. Alas, these days, we have the deadly soil disease and the high lightning strike rate to contend with, it won't be half as fun anymore. In fact, the high number of fatalities in Singapore have made it deadlier than SARS or the bird-flu. Growing up as kids is not as fun as it used to be. What in the world is happening to this Earth?!? What on earth is happening to this world?!!

No comments: