"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Let's Vote!


Man, its been a while since I last felt inspired to yak. Seems like I'm living to work so that I can continue to live, to work... what the hell am I toking abt?!? Anyhoo, I'm just glad that I'm not the ambitious type. If I can settle all my liabilities tomorrow, I'll probably join Discovery Channel or do some social work for a living. I'll gladly accept the pay cut. But then again, there are people out there who can't even find a job! So why am I complaining? On work days, I work, eat, sleep. On off days, I sleep, eat, go out, sleep. I'm too lazy to even play my favourite games anymore.

OK, enough of those nonsense. Let's talk about some other nonsense instead. Singapore Idol. Watched the wildcard show a few days back, and well, what can I say, if you don't have it, you don't. Some of the contestants claimed to have listened to the judges and worked on their diction and what not, blah, they still delivered ye same olde crap. And since I've ranted previously about how ridiculous the voting system is, I decided to throw a few votes in Sylvester Sim's way. Hey, if you can't beat them, join them! Besides, Sly is the only rocker in the group, his voice is rather unique, and he's the underdog! I SMSed a few votes, not knowing that CT had already voted a few times using my mobile, too. Sure enough, Sly got through. Let's just see how far he can go.

On the other hand, Nana was a big disappointment. She sang a slower song, but it only goes to show that her energetic voice is not versatile enough to inject enough emotion into it. I've always said, its much harder to sing a slow song well. Not surprisingly, she wasn't chosen to proceed to the next round.

Tonight, or rather, tomorrow early morning, I gotta wake up at 3am to watch MU vs Liverpool. There is no way I'm gonna miss this. It'll be interesting to see whether Rio Ferdinand's return will do any good to ManU's comical defense. But of course, they can be scary when they are attacking in full flow. Liverpool, with their new boss and new exciting players from Spain, will no doubt give Liverpool more options in attack. No longer do they have to rely on Michael Owen alone. Cisse, Baros, and now Luis Garcia are all exciting and eager to prove their own worth. But I have a feeling ManU will win this by 1 or 2 goals, cos Liverpool is without the Devil's nemesis in Danny Murphy. The last time out, I told my colleague that Liverpool will beat MU if Murphy plays. Sure enuff, Murphy scored the winner from the spot. But this time, I'm gonna let my head rule my heart. MU to win 2-1. God forbid...

Oh man, its time to go to bed! Gotta wake up in 4.5 hours time! And work after that.... 2 more days of work before a 4-day break.... ahhh.... the beach beckons....

No comments: