"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Saturday, January 01, 2005

1st post 2005

A very sombre and numb way to kick off the new year. Cold, wet, grey...

Looking at this and this, one can understand why. My heart goes out to these poor folks, but I can only remember them in my prayers.

Planned to run from Yishun to Sentosa on New Year's Eve night, but aborted the idea due to the non-stop rain. My adrenaline was pumping and I was so ready just thinking about it... looks like I'll have to do it after the Swift 10km Northern Route Challenge.

The year 2004 really flew past like a blur for me... I can hardly recall what happened.
I thought I just watched Return of the King and the whole LOTR movie marathon in 2004, but ct reminded me that it was actually in 2003! So what did actually happen in 2004 for me?
Some highlights will be...
  • JP Morgan Run (turning point for ct)
  • The New Paper Big walk
  • Sheares Bridge run
  • Cookie attacking us and being caged and taken away (sad...)
  • Meeting tlr for my 1st terawih prayer
  • Trekking with tlr, fd, and ct from MR to Bukit Timah
  • ct running the ultra!!!
  • Running from Yishun to Orchard on Christmas morning
  • oh, and both my sis got married and got jobs finally haha
So what can I expect for the year 2005? This is gonna be a busy year for me. And some of my personal hopes and plans are as follows...
  • Going back to studying, to successfully juggle work and study
  • Pushing myself further and faster in my own solo runs
  • To fully recover from my injuries
  • Participate in more official and professionally organized runs
  • To finish at least one Marathon
  • To run the next Ultra-Marathon
  • To get back to SCUBA Diving again
I don't remember ever having any new year resolutions, but maybe it's good to have one this year, looking at the amount of 'firsts' I have in my plans.

And my new year resolution for the year 2005 is... "To be a better man...."

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated New Year, hun!

Jen@Purewhitewave.net

veola said...

thanks! and the very best year ahead for you too!

a2zee said...

best wishes for 2005 as well :)