"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Can't sleep well? Well, start by sleeping less!

I just read about someone wondering about having more hours in a day.

Well, may I suggest that, like me, he starts off by sleeping less! Some experts believe that it is actually beneficial for those suffering from insomnia. And my own personal experience tells me that it will improve the quality of your slumber, especially if you are a light sleeper who can hear an ant sneeze in your bathroom even while asleep.


Of late, I've been turning in early in the morning, anything from 3am to 7am. But I slept so well that I can't hear the phone ring, my SMS alerts, door-bells, my cats wrestling, my neighbour's dogs barking, and no dreams or nightmares. I wake up after no more than 7 hours of almost being in a state of hibernation, where all my senses are fully rested and refreshed, and finding myself able to last longer and do more.

When it comes to sleep, its not the quantity, but the quality that counts.

Oh, talk about sleep, it's time to wake her up. Another long day for her. Mmm, breakfast at McDonald's! Sounds good...

1 comment:

Miss B said...

There's an article I read sometime ago in Yahoo about a sleeping machine from Matsushita. Perhaps this is all we need for a good sleep.

And after that...nothing beats waking up to a a McMuffin! :)