"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Superman flies again

Yes, I'd like to look at it that way.

A true fighting spirit, a Hero, his spirit can now finally fly free, forever, away from the wheelchair, those life support systems, and that cruel thing called FATE. I'm glad, but not without a tinge of sadness...

I remember it like it was yesterday. Just 7 years old, going to the movies was, for me, a super-major event. It was at Capitol Theatre, I was a dwarf among the super-massive crowd waiting to get in. We got the circle seats, what I would call a big balcony, and that means an unblocked view of the super-humongous screen, a birds-eye-view of those below us, and the majestic dome of Shaw's Capitol Theatre above, one of its kind in Singapore. Unforgettable...

You fought a good fight, and lived a life worth remembering. You will live on in my world as Superman. Thank You Christopher Reeve. Thank You Superman, for all the great memories. Au revoir.

2 comments:

Marni said...

Christopher Reeve is a real "superman" and not just because of the role he played onscreen.

veola said...

*nod*