"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Another Perfect Day



In line with how IMDB rates the movies, I will from now on rate movies I watched on a scale of 10.

Just came back from The Incredibles, and I must say, what a fantastic show! Great plot, funny and interesting characters, superb animation by the incredible talents at Pixar, and some amazing voice acting that really fleshed out each of the characters' personalities. A wonderful joyride not to be missed. Better than Antz, A Bug's Life, and Finding Nemo, and probably on par with Ice Age, losing only in the tear-jerking department. 9.5/10 for exceeding my expectation. Would have been a perfect 10 if not for shows like LOTR, Matrix, and 5th Element.

And Lido 1 remains the undisputed KING of all cinema halls in Singapore. THX baby! Although GV's excellent online booking system will eat Shaw's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Oh, and throw in Supper, too. Yeah, it's that bad.

Also went to watch The Forgotten yesterday. The story had potential, but I felt the trailers gave away too much. Hard as I try, I could not help but correctly guessed what the fuss was all about. But I still find it rather entertaining in some ways, although the terrible sound system at GV Bishan Hall 2, the drilling noise from the renovation works, and giggly/chatty/restless teenage school kids almost made me wanna leave the hall. But I stay focused on the reasonably gripping storyline instead and in the end... oh, I'm not gonna spoil it for you. Watchable, but very soon you'll forget lah. 6.5/10.

Oh, my dearest little sis has quietly put up her blogz, check out Zephyr & In Loving Memory in my Blogroll!

Now I need to get a good rest. Slept at 4am this morning for about 3 hours and went for a run at East Coast Park, yeah, I feel great!

On the way there, the Class95 DJs were talking about what we Singaporeans think about the quality of life here, and whether we're happy about it. Well, take away the high expectations and the pressure we receive at work, I would say I'm pretty happy with it. Like what the Flying Dutchman said, right now, he wouldn't trade it for anywhere else in the world!

This I agree.

Take this morning for example. Nice sunny weekday morning, the locals as well as the expats, both male and female, were either having a nice stroll, jogging, walking their dogs, in-line-skating (usually referred to as Rollerblading), and cycling. They were having the time of their life! Just like I was!

After my little run, had breakfast at McDowell's, sent our nephew back home, took a shower at his place, join my colleagues for lunch at The Rice Table (didn't like the service that much), catch a movie, walk around Orchard Road. Almost a perfect day. Well it's just that when I'm back at work, I have to really focus, deal with the pressure, and know that I'm doing it so that I can look forward to yet another perfect day...

No comments: