"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Monday, November 29, 2004

Fogging a fluey fish out of water

ARGGHH...

I think I'm ill. A flu-bug must have bitten me. But better the flu-bug than the mosquitofly thing that spread the deadly dengue. Yes, no thanks to the rainy weather giving them mosquitoflies nice places to breed, the gahment here is trying it's darndest best to nip it in the butt. Spot checks, fogging, and what not.

I actually wanted to soak myself in chlorine to kill my flu-germs-bacteria-things at the SAFRA 'country club' just now, but found out when I reached there that they open late at 11am on Mondays. My guess is that they are doing their weekly clean-up after Sunday, the family day, where all those uncles, aunties, and their young ones relax themselves in the pool and help neutralize the chlorine level with some specially formulated ammonia...

So now, instead of me relaxing in a chlorinated jacuzzi, I'm holed up inside my home while those 'storm-troopers' are fogging the whole neighbourhood. They are right outside my door even as I type this, my cats are scrambling for cover, frightened by their stun-guns. This is the first time I see them go round fogging all the flats, floor by floor, instead of just the ground level. Has the situation gone that bad?

I think this fogging is gonna take me down sooner than killing those commando mosquitoes. I'd die a happier man soaking in that chlorinated jacuzzi, give me the ammonia anytime...

No comments: