"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 李小龙 (1940 - 1973)

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Grateful

Are you grateful to be alive?

Are you thankful for what you have? Or are you too concern about what you think you need, what you think you should have, or simply with what you want?

Are you abusing the time you have in your hands? Are you abusing yourself, and those who love you? Spending too much time with your earthly possessions, and so much effort in persuing them?

What if you were told right now that you have only a day left to live? 24 hours, maybe less.

What would you do? How would you choose to spend your remaining hours?

3 comments:

Mr Miyagi said...

I am thankful for what I have, but I'm still concerned with what I think I need, etc., and I am thankful I can occupy my time thinking, planning and doing. Goal orientation is an important part of life, and even if you don't actually achieve those goals by the time your last 24hrs is up, the important thing is you spent your time giving it a shot.

Miss B said...

Somehow I always forget that money is useless in the afterlife. Thanks for reminding me.

veola said...

Miyagi: true, living without meaningful goals is... pointless. Need to strike a nice balance i guess.

Bella: oh but we sure can leave our accumulated wealth behind for our loved ones!